Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Stoic  |  Forum  |  Public Forums  |  Recruitment (Moderator: Dustbunny)  |  Charlot - Holy/Disc Priest
Now Recruiting

Last updated 02/12/2014

Death Knight

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Monk

Paladin

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 07:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Stoic Website.

Welcome, Guest to the Stoic Web Portal.  

To fully enjoy our site please register an account now to gain access to our forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlot - Holy/Disc Priest  (Read 10141 times)
Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »

Hey there,
My ingame name is Charlot. I have been playing Charlot as my main character on  wow for a couple of years now. I am a very laid back person who enjoys raiding with people who know how to have a good time yet always get the job done. One of my greatest stengths is that I am a fast learner. I can adapt to the fight at hand very quickly with making very little errors.  My progression is 8/8 and have downed morchok on heroic with the "Economy" guild. I have been a raider with the economy since Cata expansion hit. Unfortunately we have had countless raiders leave and join our main 10 man group which has caused us to take steps back in progression rather than going forward.
My ilvl is 395 -Here is my holy/disc set for pve http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Charlot/simple

In terms of PVP, I have reached 2400+ and earned the achievement duelist. I have achieved knight-champion in battlegrounds also.

I am currently in my 3rd year of university studying psychology. I know you start tuesdays raid at 6st, however my only conflict is I would be 30 minutes late for raid for I have a class just before then.

I hope to hear back from you, thankyou:)
Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

Are you comfortable hejng as disc primarily? We have a holy priest right now who's slowly been relearning disc and only uses it on one fight but we could definty use the disc cooldowns on almost every fight this tier so it would certainly be helpful.

What are you looking forward to about MoP?

I'll have more questions later when I can post from work

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »

I enjoy raiding as disc so I certaintly am comfortable with playing that spec.

Well, like any other expansion, I look forward to the new content from new class and race, new abilities and new dungeons. However I am really looking forward to challenge mode. I really would like to try it.
Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:15:11 AM »

I guess I don't really have any other questions!  Your PVP spec currently looks suited to disc (talents, glyphs), would you change that to PVE oriented spec if you were to use it? If so, what would you change?  I know some disc priests in t13 are foregoing evangelism/archangel and picking some other talents instead, what would be the benefit of not choosing those and choosing 3 other talents?

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »

Im glad that you brought that up. Ususally with the Economy guild I respec into PVE disc. I do respec into archangel because I feel that the extra 15% (with stacks) increased healing and mana regen helps in many DS fights.  I take out the Focused will and desperate prayer and sub it with full haste because disc has a lot more hard casting spells than holy and inspiration for raid damage reduction.

Here is my primary Disc spec currently, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Charlot/talent/primary
Please feel free to comment on my build or if you feel like I should change something up.
Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »

Sounds reasonable. Everyone knows I'm bad at healing anyway Shocked.

Feddor usually wants to know more about you as a person in an application he's probably too busy frakking for natural gas or whatever it is he does at work. Can you tell us a bit about yourself? We don't ask for details or specifics, just generic ice breaker type things. Who you are, what you do for fun, etc.

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »

Reserved for when I get home!

I like a woman that has a waistline that says "I'M ECONOMICALLY SUCCESSFUL AND POLITICALLY COMPETITIVE"
Unprotected beer pong play is nearly as dangerous as unprotected sex
Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »

I live in Canada Ontario. I'm a creative person. I like to draw in my spare time and I also use various programs to draw and create things on the computer. I play 2 instruments; violin and piano. I've played soccer since I was a little girl. I guess someone would conisder me an adrenaline junkie Tongue.. I plan on sky diving and edge walking on the CN tower this year, I enjoy rock-climbing as well.  I also travel an chance I get. Thats just a little bit about who I am:)
Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »

Few questions for you.

1.) What's your name?  Age?

2.) What might cause you to miss a raid?

3.) Why spirit on your bracers?  I doubt you need 50 spirit over 50 int.  Also, why Heartsong over Power Torrent?

3.) Favorite fight to heal in DS?  Why?

4.) What might cause you to miss a raid?

5.) Here's my critique of your talents/glyphs.  And feel free to disagree with me, as some may be just my personal preference (my first alt is a Disc priest).
-I'd drop the Glyph of PW:S.  The heal isn't worth it unless the 4pc procs, IMO.  You can be getting more throughput with the Prayer of Healing glyph, as that's a huge part of any Disc priest's toolbox (PoH) that is.  I'd change this though if you were typically only tank healing before.
-Why Evangelism but not Atonement?  It's basically a free heal is it not?
-IMO, if you're going to take Evangelism, it's worth it to go ahead and get the talents (Atonement/Divine Fury) and glyphs (Divine Accuracy/Smite) that go with it.
-Do you find that you don't need the reduced cooldown on shadowfiend?  The extra minute off lets you nearly use it twice per heroic fight, and even 3-4 times for the Deathwing encounter.

6.) How do you prefer to prioritize the secondary stats (haste/mastery/crit)?  Why?

7.) Are you prepared for the typical Canadian joke?  Like being called America's hat?

8.) Obviously, a few of your former guildmates are interested in Stoic.  And I'm told that you were made aware of this, but we do NOT like package deals.  We've never had success with them.  So if this ever becomes a problem, please let us know.  But we also encourage you to not act like a package deal.  That means, don't hang out with all your old guildmates all the time.  We want you to get to know everyone else and develop new friendships.  Sound fair?

I'm pretty sure we'd like to try you out.  But you can probably tell that we have a bunch new applicants (including yourself).  And we'd like to try all of them out.  But that's not as easy as it may seem.  We'd like to try you out this week, but I can't promise a specific night that we will definitely get you in.  Hopefully Tuesday, but if not then, then on Wednesday.  Thanks for understanding!

Also, please use our calender for postouts if you will be missing a raid in the future.  Read about it here.  Thanks and look forward to seeing you in raid!

I like a woman that has a waistline that says "I'M ECONOMICALLY SUCCESSFUL AND POLITICALLY COMPETITIVE"
Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »

One other question I had was how comfortable are you with your OS?

Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »

My name is Liesl and I am 21. I hear Canadian jokes all the time from my guild and I do not mind it. (Our guild at 1 point mostly had canadians:P). I will switch my spirit to int on my bracers, however, I used to have power torrent on my wep and recently had a discussion (in my guild) that heartsong has a higher proc than power torrent and I find that I benefit more from increased spirit. You are right about atonement, I am going to spec into that. For the fiend I have specd into it before and I felt that I was losing out on some good talent points. As for my PWS glyph, I tried out the POH glyph and I found myself shielding alot more with strenth of soul specced in than POH (wastes a lot of mana).
My gemming and enchants, I go for int-spirit haste and mastery. Right now I'm reforging mastery.
A reason I would miss raid would be either to go on vacation or had an exam/studying.
My favourite fight in DS is Yorsaj, I find it fun the fight fun for disc, especially on heroic - I find it really easy to heal through when purple slime is up.
And very understandable, I never thought my guildies would be a packagage deal. So no need to worry.Smiley
And my offspec is holy, and I am VERY comfortable with holy.. if that is what you are referring to.
Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

Who's your favorite hockey team? Cheesy

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Charlot
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

The leafs !!! Tongue
Mavra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »

I hear Canadian jokes all the time from my guild and I do not mind it.

I may or may not have anything to do with that hah
Faerrun
Officer

The Voidzone tank

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »

Are you from Toronto? If so, we can't be friends. Habs>Leafs all day. <3
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Last 6 Shouts:
December 11, 2014, 03:00:09 PM
Shorti why haven't you put up the latest boss kill pictures? YOU SAID THIS WAS IMPORTANT TO YOU!
December 06, 2014, 10:45:14 PM
hi
June 19, 2014, 10:10:53 AM
Hai~~~
April 30, 2014, 10:35:31 PM
10/14 Thok Time
April 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM
Boom!
April 15, 2014, 07:17:36 PM
hi Smiley
Members
Total Members: 507