Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Now Recruiting

Last updated 02/12/2014

Death Knight

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Monk

Paladin

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 07:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Stoic Website.

Welcome, Guest to the Stoic Web Portal.  

To fully enjoy our site please register an account now to gain access to our forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping out my good friend Konomichi.  (Read 25823 times)
Cumguzzler (get REPORTED)
Traveler

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »

Hey big guy, just thought you could use some tips about the Rogue class!

The poison hit cap is 210 hit rating with a Draenei in your group and Misery or Improved Faerie Fire on the target.  When you're at the poison hit cap hit rating tends to be much worse per itemization point than other stats, like attack power!  It's because of this you never want to gem for hit if you're over the poison hit cap.

Also, stamina doesn't help you in a raiding situation.  If you really need more stamina for a fight, you're best off carrying an extra set of PvP gear.  I know, it's rough with all the gear requiring rating, but I have faith you can do it!

Everyone likes having all the text on their item green, but sometimes socket bonuses just aren't worth it Sad.

Let's take a look at some of your gear.  Your neck has a socket bonus of 8 attack power.  Doing some math (it's hard sometimes) we can see that with your current gem you are getting 24 attack power (8+16, don't get lost now!).  That's less attack power than an attack power gem! Oh no!  We're losing 8 attack power by gemming incorrectly Sad.

Now let's look at your chest.  Again, tsk tsk, a blue gem.  We want to stay away from these.  They're just not worth it!  Unfortunately you sacrificed 16 attack power for 6 crit rating, not a very good trade.

Okay, I'm bored now.  Belt is socketed bad, you don't need hit, pants are bad, 44 ap > 20 agi on gloves, 15/51/5 99% of the time gives better dps, and even with your spec you took MoD over opportunity.

Also, I didn't care enough to really look at your WWS, but I hope you're missing raid buffs to only be doing 4.4k on pwerk, because I did 4.6 this reset.

I love you Konomichi, always and forever
_________konomich____________konomichi
______konomichikonom_______konomichikonomic
____konomichikonomichik___konomichikonomichik
___konomichikonomichikonomichikonom_______kono
__konomichikonomichikonomichikonom_________kono
_konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichi_______kono
_konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikono______k
konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomich__kon
konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomichiko_k
konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikono
konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikono
_konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomichiko
__konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomichi
____konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichikonomi
______konomichikonomichikonomichikonomichik
_________konomichikonomichikonomichikono
____________konomichikonomichikonomic
______________konomichikonomichiko
_________________konomichikono
___________________konomichi
_____________________konomi
______________________kono
_______________________ko

edit: I went back and looked because it's 11 AM and I honestly have nothing to do.  This was with full raid buffs, trading tricks with a Rogue, and using a potion of speed?  It was also a faster kill than mine by 21 seconds, which inflates your DPS because a larger percentage of the time is Heroismed.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:26:58 AM by Salinger » Logged
Konomichi, Time Traveler.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:31:28 AM »

Wow, I can't believe I'm replying to a faggot who's original name was Cumguzzler. 

All I've got to say is:

http://wowwebstats.com/q6bqhujvepijw?s=544318-579643

Maybe you should tell the rest of your guild how to play, they seem to need the help more than I do.  You may be the top DPS in your guild but Little League players really can't play in the Pro's.

Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:33:31 AM »

Also, I didn't care enough to really look at your WWS, but I hope you're missing raid buffs to only be doing 4.4k on pwerk, because I did 4.6 this reset.

So why post if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:38:45 AM »

I'm going to make a new forum called PRO TIPS FROM BAD PLAYERS for threads like this.

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »

I'm going to make a new forum called PRO TIPS FROM BAD PLAYERS for threads like this.
I really can't hate you since you like Murder By Death, but I still can hate your DPS.

Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »

Wow, I can't believe I'm replying to a faggot who's original name was Cumguzzler. 

All I've got to say is:

Maybe you should tell the rest of your guild how to play, they seem to need the help more than I do.  You may be the top DPS in your guild but Little League players really can't play in the Pro's.
"Thu 29 January at 23:06, 4'13''"
Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 10:41:30 AM »

Bottom line is you can insult me all you want, but you can't argue with the fact that everything I posted about changing gems/enchants is true.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »

All I've got to say is:

Post this weeks if you've improved so much.

Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

All I've got to say is:

Post this weeks if you've improved so much.
I don't know if we were running it, you can ask Chrissie if we were if you really need proof.
That was the week I was using Anarchy MH Omen of Ruin OH I'm pretty sure, just to make 100% certain that I should be using fast/slow after the patch.

I don't care if you think I'm good or not though, I care that you fix your gemming and enchanting.  It's an unarguable fact that you  have it messed up.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 10:57:57 AM »

So even though you say you put up amazing numbers you actually don't have WWS to prove it?

Look, you got me, I'll re-enchant my gloves.  Happy?  I don't always have a draenei and we've had times where we don't have a shadow priest or imp FF, so I can't go down to 210 hit.  Sorry, it's not a perfect world. 

I worked hard to get to be a raid leader, sometimes I say "oh man, losing 4 DPS on <socket bonus X> doesn't matter."  I've found that when trying to tell people "Don't die on bosses" it helps to NOT DIE myself, thus I gem a little stam here and there.  Sometimes the spreadsheets don't tell the entire story.  Even in Stoic people fuck up sometimes and being a student of Confucius, I try to lead by example.  Focus on the problems in your house.  Record some WWS, improve your guild's DPS because you really need it.  Maybe even kill Malygos, he's really a fun fight.  We'll get by without your advice, really.

Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »

So even though you say you put up amazing numbers you actually don't have WWS to prove it?

Look, you got me, I'll re-enchant my gloves.  Happy?  I don't always have a draenei and we've had times where we don't have a shadow priest or imp FF, so I can't go down to 210 hit.  Sorry, it's not a perfect world. 

I worked hard to get to be a raid leader, sometimes I say "oh man, losing 4 DPS on <socket bonus X> doesn't matter."  I've found that when trying to tell people "Don't die on bosses" it helps to NOT DIE myself, thus I gem a little stam here and there.  Sometimes the spreadsheets don't tell the entire story.  Even in Stoic people fuck up sometimes and being a student of Confucius, I try to lead by example.  Focus on the problems in your house.  Record some WWS, improve your guild's DPS because you really need it.  Maybe even kill Malygos, he's really a fun fight.  We'll get by without your advice, really.
I've already posted DPS guides for each class and we've noticed a marked improvement.  It's a new guild, you think I have much choice as to who I can and can't have in my guild?  At this point it's about finding dedicated people who will show up and will listen when after I spend hours of reading EJ for their benefit.

I just don't know why you would gem/enchant for a sub-par raid situation, but that's up to you.  I just thought you should be aware that, for all intents and purposes, you're doing it wrong.  Also, 4.6 is far from amazing, I'm pretty far from all best in slot =\

We've killed 10 man Maly, 25 means 25 people who don't have downs, so we'll see when that happens.

http://wowwebstats.com/gqz14yo613k41?s=316488-351901
That's when I'll be happy.
Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »

Also, without a draenei you're still over, I'd be surprised to find a raid without Misery or Imp FF, but I guess if you say it works out that way sometimes, it works out that way sometimes.
Hygeia
Priest Officer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »

Also, without a draenei you're still over, I'd be surprised to find a raid without Misery or Imp FF, but I guess if you say it works out that way sometimes, it works out that way sometimes.

We don't raid with a moonkin (unless we ask Krazy to respec) and every once and a while I decide to do something other than raid. 

Get some BADDIE.

チアリーダーを救え、世界を救え
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

I just don't know why you would gem/enchant for a sub-par raid situation, but that's up to you.  I just thought you should be aware that, for all intents and purposes, you're doing it wrong. 

I think this quote sums it up best.  You don't actually understand what it means to be an end game raider.  Sure, you may have your math and your spreadsheets and a pile of WWS to look at, but you're missing the big picture.  When you figure out what that is maybe you'll understand.

Gratia1

I bring the Dong!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »

It's a new guild, you think I have much choice as to who I can and can't have in my guild?  At this point it's about finding dedicated people who will show up and will listen when after I spend hours of reading EJ for their benefit.

I guess its hard to find people that would play with an ass-hat multiple times a week.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Last 6 Shouts:
December 11, 2014, 03:00:09 PM
Shorti why haven't you put up the latest boss kill pictures? YOU SAID THIS WAS IMPORTANT TO YOU!
December 06, 2014, 10:45:14 PM
hi
June 19, 2014, 10:10:53 AM
Hai~~~
April 30, 2014, 10:35:31 PM
10/14 Thok Time
April 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM
Boom!
April 15, 2014, 07:17:36 PM
hi Smiley
Members
Total Members: 507