Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Now Recruiting

Last updated 02/12/2014

Death Knight

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Monk

Paladin

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 07:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the Stoic Website.

Welcome, Guest to the Stoic Web Portal.  

To fully enjoy our site please register an account now to gain access to our forums.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Monday Hyjal(s)!  (Read 20720 times)
Wao
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:12:41 PM »

Hi. I'm gonna be running a Monday night hyjal. More info here!

Edit: Keylogger!
Amareah
Friends/Family

Rawr <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:30:42 AM »

Oh Hyjal  Cheesy

Konomichi, Time Traveler.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 06:27:45 AM »

So I'm a little confused.

I can't bring my alt(s) even though they're pretty much in full t4/equiv epic?  And even if I could, I have a very small chance on loot?

If I did bring my main all I want are the gay fist weapons and the one epic LW pattern I'm missing... but even then I'm lower priority than Threshold main's.

I don't really see the incentive for me to go to Hyjal from this post...

Dustbunny
Forum Hacker
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 06:38:37 AM »

theres no incentive anyway.. the only days we can do muru this week are wednesday and Monday.. so no Hyjal for you!

wow after reading that though... you know we love threshold wao we really do!.. but those raid policies for that are pretty bad.. I really can't imagine anyone from another guild wanting to go to that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:29:40 AM by Dustbunny » Logged

DancingRachie
Rawbiscuited!!!!
Friends/Family

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:04:52 AM »

Oh man, if i'm a good rachie, and I go to a few raids I might get a Mark of ILLDARI!!!

Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:50:48 AM »

wow after reading that though... you know we love threshold wao we really do!.. but those raid policies for that are pretty bad.. I really can't imagine anyone from another guild wanting to go to that.

I'm not even sure how successful it will be.  Mondays typically become PVP/arena night for us, and I know I will be doing those over Hyjal.  So I'm not entirely sure how many Threshold will even go.  And if it's "geared alts" of some of the members, I'll pass Tongue .  Should be a fair/open roll on all things though for it to even be successful, from what I noticed in running Gruuls/Mags

I like a woman that has a waistline that says "I'M ECONOMICALLY SUCCESSFUL AND POLITICALLY COMPETITIVE"
Unprotected beer pong play is nearly as dangerous as unprotected sex
drjones
Druidish
Administrator

FROM GREENMAN TO GREENSPAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 08:27:02 AM »

These kinda seem like the policies you would use with guilds that cant clear the zone on their own.  Not to discredit this run but getting mains from other guilds that can easily clear hyjal and then not having it as open roll doesnt really make too much sense.  Maybe one or two select items that some of your core raiders really need could be put aside because you are organizing the run, but besides that the only reason to go would be rep for some people that never got exalted. 

Once again I hope you have success with it but you may want to think about changing the policy slightly.  We raid on mondays regardless so what does it matter what i say!! Grin

hai cheddor, lets never go blacksmith again.

Later in O'Neal's career, doctors discovered that the 7-foot-1-inch center's ability to shoot free throws was compromised by complications from chronic pulled pork sandwiches, a condition commonly known as "greasy digits."

"Sir Terry Pratchett has collected 81 kilograms of iron ore and mixed in several pieces of meteorites to make an amazing sword, which will be smelted at his house in a makeshift kiln built out of clay and hay, fueled with sheep manure. What a badass!"
Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »

hai cheddor, lets never go blacksmith again.

You shoulda done more damage.  180k in <5 minutes isn't enough.

Man, that was easily the best opening attack I've ever had in AB.

I like a woman that has a waistline that says "I'M ECONOMICALLY SUCCESSFUL AND POLITICALLY COMPETITIVE"
drjones
Druidish
Administrator

FROM GREENMAN TO GREENSPAN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 08:59:27 AM »

2 kills Sad

and then my internet exploded on the way to the mine.

Later in O'Neal's career, doctors discovered that the 7-foot-1-inch center's ability to shoot free throws was compromised by complications from chronic pulled pork sandwiches, a condition commonly known as "greasy digits."

"Sir Terry Pratchett has collected 81 kilograms of iron ore and mixed in several pieces of meteorites to make an amazing sword, which will be smelted at his house in a makeshift kiln built out of clay and hay, fueled with sheep manure. What a badass!"
Cheddor
PhD in Cheese
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:23:51 AM »

2 kills Sad

and then my internet exploded on the way to the mine.

Your computer needs more Bear Resilience, me thinks.

Konomichi, Time Traveler.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »

theres no incentive anyway.. the only days we can do muru this week are wednesday and Monday.. so no Hyjal for you!

Wasn't really interested in going (unless I could bring an alt and if we weren't doing something more important), just pointing out (as everyone else has) that even if we could go, we wouldn't.  Pretty silly loot rules. =(

Blocks
Friends/Family

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:52 AM »

WTB 4k rep, pst.
anxst
Officer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »

Well if we want i have the raid Id for archimonde on Devan.

anxst
Wao
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 05:08:46 PM »

I just didn't see us getting enough mains in the raid to carry it if they had to roll against alts and alt specs. Especially not if they're rolling them for items they spent 4 months trying to get with no avail. Giving mains priority on loot assures that we get mains in the raid.

I'm a reasonable person and the loot restrictions are mostly for higher quality items like tempest of chaos, sun-touched leggings, etc.

If you're scared to bring your alt because you don't think you'll get gear, I can assure you that just about everything is rot anyways, hence the reason we're not really running hyjal. I have a strong suspicion that over 80% of the loot no mains will need. In most scenarios it would be a roll off between people who want the loot. The "at my discretion" clause is so that if an active raiding main needs the item, I can make sure they get it.

I've edited the loot policy substantially to better reflect the original intent.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:10:26 PM by Wao » Logged
Dustbunny
Forum Hacker
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 08:03:11 AM »

I tried registering on thresholds forums today and they banned all my email addressses lol.. I don't know what the deal is Sad

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Last 6 Shouts:
December 11, 2014, 03:00:09 PM
Shorti why haven't you put up the latest boss kill pictures? YOU SAID THIS WAS IMPORTANT TO YOU!
December 06, 2014, 10:45:14 PM
hi
June 19, 2014, 10:10:53 AM
Hai~~~
April 30, 2014, 10:35:31 PM
10/14 Thok Time
April 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM
Boom!
April 15, 2014, 07:17:36 PM
hi Smiley
Members
Total Members: 507